Sunday, April 20

sunday brunch.....

What a busy Saturday we had! Harlan made the garage totally unrecognizable...there's ROOM out there! We found things in boxes from cars that we haven't had for 3 yrs....decor items boxed up to get out of the way from the remodel! YIKES!!!! At least we have always been able to park both vehicles in there.

I went downstairs to sort stuff....again....found things that we hadn't seen in awhile. I have boxes and boxes of things to come upstairs to set out.

Deb V came over with Joe and made up the cookie dough that we mad up on Thursday night.....we have over 2lbs of veggie cookies and not quite 2lbs of the blueberry apple cookies to sell! She punched out cookies for about 3 hrs!Then, it was so glorious outside that we rotisserie chicken up with some veggies and the 3 of us ate outside with the firepit going! The first time this season and we all enjoyed it so much! the smoke from the burning wood was just awesome.....

The other Deb came over for a bit yesterday and suggested that we do brunch today at Chevy's. It is a Mexican spot that really puts on a spread for Sunda breaky! YUM! It was foggy and chilly and was the perfect thing to do. Now, the sun is out and it really may make it to 70!
H is battling some sinus crud today, probably from all of the dust that he inhaled in the garage yesterday, so he is napping. I found some chicken tortilla soup in the freezer and thought that would be perfect with grilled cheese sandwiches....so I made up some bread dough.....I'm trying French Baguettes. They are on their first rise. I'll let you know how they turn out!

No comments: