The week is moving right along. I spent 2 days working on inventory....well, it really was just a continuation of last week's work on inventory. I had it almost done and....POOOFFFF......one of my spreadsheets just went blank.....and didn't come back!! UUGH! I tried everything! So this afternoon was spent on re-creating that! I guess that is what happens when you start feeling a bit proud that you've worked thru all of the glitches and see the end in sight!
I had lunch with our friend, Casey, her daughter Heather and her grand daughter, Aissatou! It was so wonderful! Aissatou just turned 2 and speaks French, some languages of Benin & is learning a bit of English! She was extremely well behaved. We've noticed that the Tast of India has added a few spicier dishes....YUM!!!
The Khakster is adapting back to life at the hacienda. Pretty amazing....the Puppy Sleepover left an impression on him, you can just tell! Of course, on Sunday afternoon, he gave no remourse for not listening when he chased a rabbit and didn't return.....kind of like chasing cats....up trees.... I think that our little monster turned into a BIG one! But it suuuurrrreeeee was fun......!! I wonder if Paris is still chasing the cats up the trees? (he didn't do that BEFORE a big white crazy mutt invaded his territory. Was he just being an accomodating host and humoring his guest????? We may never know......)
Have a great rest of the week. We head to Anna Mae's benefit at the church on Friday. She has responded extremely well to the chemo and I'm not sure, but they are talkign about some localized radiation treatments. Oh, Anna Mae is Harlan's Aunt and she was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. She is simply one of the sweetest women that I've ever met. I remember the first time that I met her at church....She was so unbelievebly warm and welcoming to me. I didn't know but 2 or 3 other souls there, but I felt like I had found a real friend. And you know, 10 years later, every time that I get to be with Anna Mae, she makes me feel the very same warm way. Now that is a gift shared from God that makes me believe in Him.
We are just so tickled that she is doing so well and hope that she continutes to heal.
Well, have a great rest of the week. Chat later!
No comments:
Post a Comment