Well,
it has been a busy week. Actually, yesterday felt like a Friday! I dropped off an application last week at the dog spa that we take the boys to. I got a call on Tuesday for the quickest interview ever and started on Wednesday! I will be helping at the front desk and will check dogs in and out, take a few dogs that are in suites that border the front room on their potty breaks and do some basic cleaning and computer work. So far, I've met some great people. Both Wed and Thur, I was able to shadow 2 amazing women who know their stuff! And the best part is that they are both so kind and good natured. That is what I think I am going to like the most about being there. Of course, there are a few who are quieter and I'm not quite as comfortable around, but they have still been helpful when I've asked questions.
I even had the lady who owns the place stop and say Hi. I met her on Wednesday as I was taking a dog out on potty break. Of course, the dog was large and proceeded to tell her hello by putting his nose in her rear! She was good natured about it and welcomed me aboard when my manager introduced us. And she stopped over to say hello when I was at the desk on Thursday. She was extremely kind and said to make sure that they knew what hours I was willing to work, etc as I am part time. And thanked me for wanting to work for them. WOW! In this economy, I'm surprised that there is an employer who sounds like they value their employees. Of course, it is only the 2nd day, but I am hoping that it continues this way.
My hours either start at 7am or end at 7pm. That is a bit earlier than I am used to, so all of us have been getting up at 5:45am! Yikes! It is only about an hour earlier than we are used to, but that is a big change for those of us who like our sleep! (ie: ME!) It is nice that H has been home to take the dogs on their walks when I leave in the am. Next week will be a challenge...walk them earlier and leave them all day? I am able to take them with me, but they get so excited and, since they are not part of the daycare bunch, the kennel staff doesn't take care of them. So I will have to make sure that I can go back and feed and walk, etc....which is tough while I am still learning my new job. I'll figure it out tho.
Here is the link to Pet Lodge Pet Resort, if you'd like to take a look. I have heard that the website is going to be overhauled as Ken is no longer alive. But here is what they've got so far:
Ok, here's a question for you....Hairdressers. How do you stop going to one without hurt feelings? I was going to one, then tried a gal in the neighborhood....now, off to a different one. And the only one I'm concerned with is our neighbor. Her shop is quite a ways away... Like over 20miles. And it is in a swanky part of town and, even with the neighborhood discount, a bit more expensive than I've been paying. But I ADORE Diane!!!! And we seem to see each other out walking our dogs quite a bit..... She's really cool and I am sure that she will understand as I had told her that I am just checking out different stylists, but still.... hate to cause any issues with neighbors....especially the ones that we like! I'm probably making more out of it than I need to, I know. But any suggestions can be left in the comment section and will be greatly be appreciated.
Let's see....since today was my day off, I did go and get my hair cut at the new gal's place. I do like that she used the razor on me...so maybe I have found my new gal, maybe not. I was going to walk with B, from up the street, but H wanted to go to lunch before a conference call, so I am waiting to hear if she still wants to walk. I should get some laundry done and some ironing may warm me as I am chilly. Tomorrow is work, bright and early and then I only have Sun/Mon off next week....so it is going to be a long one...altho Fri/Sat are only 1/2 days. (oh, the owner said that I may be able to expect to lose 10lbs....I'm all for that...the jeans are getting tight! I'm not one to go to the gym, but I like the activity and the moving around, so it is good that I will be moving AND not grazing on snacks along the way!)
Well,
it is cold and rainy today. I guess that the storm started last night
at 12:08am with loud thunder. H was surprised that I didn't awaken,
but I remember turning over around 12:11! So maybe it was enough to
rouse me....funny, huh?
Since it is later, I'll update you on my day: I did walk with B. But it was too soon after our Mexican lunch, so my belly has been bickering with me all afternoon! We did go for our evening walk with the boys and it feels good to put my slippers back on. Pizza dough is rising and I think I need to switch the clothes to the dryer. H is relaxing, reading an industry magazine and here I sit typing to you!
Hope your Friday is as good as ours~
No comments:
Post a Comment