On Wed, H had a dinner after his meeting, so Dakneese came over with Chuckles & we had a tomato & onion pie with a steak & salad. It was nice to catch up. H got home & we all visited a bit before she headed home.
Thur saw H go to the office for meetings again. So I got out the cookbooks to come up with a nice Valentine's menu. So I made some marinated olives & homemade Caesar salad with homemade garlic croutons & a rustic tomato sauce over spaghetti. French bread & nice dipping sauce & some trader Joe's chocolates with tangerine slices for dessert.
Today, H seems to be a bit under the weather. He slept late & then took a long nap. I got a load of ironing done & then painted a mounting rod & a spare kitchen cabinet door to make a chalk board for the kitchen. since it was so nice today, I made a point to plant some romaine, bok choy, spinach, & leaf lettuce, oh, & some peas!
Since H planted 10 cabbage starts last week & only 5 remain in a less than stellar state, we rigged up some cages & some netting.. hopefully, we can keep critters & dogs out of the gardens & actually eat some of this years produce!
Well, we are supposed to get cold tomorrow, so maybe it will be laundry & computer work to be done tomorrow.
Stay warm!
Thur saw H go to the office for meetings again. So I got out the cookbooks to come up with a nice Valentine's menu. So I made some marinated olives & homemade Caesar salad with homemade garlic croutons & a rustic tomato sauce over spaghetti. French bread & nice dipping sauce & some trader Joe's chocolates with tangerine slices for dessert.
Today, H seems to be a bit under the weather. He slept late & then took a long nap. I got a load of ironing done & then painted a mounting rod & a spare kitchen cabinet door to make a chalk board for the kitchen. since it was so nice today, I made a point to plant some romaine, bok choy, spinach, & leaf lettuce, oh, & some peas!
Since H planted 10 cabbage starts last week & only 5 remain in a less than stellar state, we rigged up some cages & some netting.. hopefully, we can keep critters & dogs out of the gardens & actually eat some of this years produce!
Well, we are supposed to get cold tomorrow, so maybe it will be laundry & computer work to be done tomorrow.
Stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment