Friday, May 18

One project & some wasted time.

 Last week, I took the lid (aka: the top) of the Food-n-Fermentation's table off and took it outside to paint it.  I painted the table the same red that is on the window wall.  The baskets have been spray painted an off white to match the trim color.  I need to get another can to finish them off.
We had gotten a new butcher block top at IKEA and H cut it to size and then attached it to the table.  We also took off the casters so that it is more my size!   Once we get the vinyl installed, we will put felt on the bottom so that it will slide where ever we want it to go!
 All i need is the baskets to be finished.
 I took it easy today.  I went to the pool with Kathy and we met another neighbor who lives near the pool.  We didn't stay long as the teenagers were starting to take over and it was the last day of school, so we knew that the smaller kids were going to have a party there, so we didn't stay long.
After H got home from work, we took some beers out on the patio.  The birds were quite busy at the feeder, so I got out the camera.   Of the 500+ photos that I took, I managed to keep a few of them!   Here are a selection:
The Eastern Towhee and some finches.
 Oops....the Khakster got into my line of fire!
 I think this is a nuthatch....they are so hard to get as they swoop in, take a seed and then swoop back up to the tree to eat it.
 Ah....the bugger!  He will need to be relocated!
 Ah, the hunted and the hunter~
 Not sure if these are black birds or not.   They were on a tree top a few houses down.  I managed to get quite a few photos that were pretty cool.  You can't quite tell, but under the bird on the right is another bird....I think it is the fledgling.
 The Eastern  Bluebird.
Oh so pretty, isn't it?
 Well, the tennis courts and the pool is still hopping.  H is watching the truck race.  And I am finishing this up.  But I see the shower in my near future.
Have a happy weekend~

1 comment:

Chris said...

NIce job on the table! Looks great.