Wednesday, April 13

A busy week.....

It has been a busy week.
We are enjoying our new fridge.  It has LOTS of space!  We aren't even close to filling it up.   That will come, I am sure.

On Friday, I had Sen, Mary, Dakneese and B over for lunch.  Since we ate out a few times already this week, it was good to keep everyone on budget and be able to sit back and relax.  We had our egg salad (recipe link on previous post) and Dakneese brought a great fruit tray and we had blackberries and frozen yogurt.  We spent 2 hrs just kabitzin' on the deck.

On Saturday, we had our Plant Swap at the CG.  It was interesting and went over really well.  The Garden Manager and his wife grew 200 plants in their basement!  They had dozens of tomatoes...about 3 different kinds and about 4 kinds of peppers and eggplant and squash and I'm not sure what else!   Those were for a donation to the garden and we raise about $400!  We had a speaker from one of the community vocational colleges come and give a talk on Basic Gardening.  Our neighbors stopped by and so did MoE and Dakneese and we saw some of our gardening friends, too!  Overall, it was a great day!

On Sunday, we planted some of the plants that we swapped for and then had the Melander's over for dinner. The mutts had fun running around like the crazoids that they are.  It was nice to be able to eat and  watch Hee Haw on the patio!

Work on Monday was good.  Yesterday was spent on the computer catching up with some blog stuff and  this morning was spent working on the flower bed on the south side of the garage.  Well, it doesn't have flowers now, but it will.....eventually!   I raked out all of the old mulch and I will wait for the weekend to get more dirt and add that to the clay.  Then I will plant our lantana and Cut Flower Seed Mix that I bought.  It will be nice to have fresh flowers in the house....for very little $$!
Just as I was finishing up my yard work, I got a call from Dakneese to meet up for lunch.  It is J's birthday so we went to get some Chinese.  It was great girl time!

Tomorrow will be spent at Bulloch and more yard work on Friday.  Hope you have a great week!

No comments: