It FINALLY came!!! We have a new fridge at last! What a relief and a luxury...to be able to get a full gallon of milk and other sundries that we are used to having at our fingertips! It arrived on Wed afternoon and I had some other things that I was into so I didn't get a chance to go shopping. boohoo!
On Thur, I picked up J's daughter, R, and we went down to the nature center. We stopped for a Subway and had our picnic at the park and hiked the trails and took pictures. I had a lot of fun.
Looks like Medusa, doesn't it? Just the roots of a downed tree...too weird!
We were invited last night to Sangeeta's to meet their new puppy, Cloe. She is a Lhasa/Poodle mix. Just a little puff! 11weeks old and won't get to be more than 10-12lbs.
She was exploring a bit in the screened porch.
The adult humans had a fun time with some wonderful munchies and great conversation! H & MoE were on a roll and we found ourselves in stitches quite a few times. We ask ourselves why we don't do things like this more often.....and can never come up with a good reason....
Today, I had a few of my girlfriends over for lunch. It seemed like we were eating out quite a bit there (by our standards) and thought that we should eat in. So I found a pretty good recipe for egg salad.
I made it and presented it just like they did in the photo. I had fresh spinach from the garden, so that worked out well. And I washed up some blackberries to put on some frozen yogurt. And Dakneese brought a lovely plate of fruit with that oh-so-yummy marshmallow fruit dip. Overall, we ate pretty good and were able to enjoy it all outdoors on the patio.
The super fun part was that Fred and Charlie came to play with Khaki & Cozmo and we had the "new" gal, Sandy come to play too! She is a 9yr old bischon/poodle mix and is super sweet! She has gone to the kennel on different occasions, so she is used to being around other dogs. She handled these guys very well., even when they got a bit barky! It was so cute, one of the dogs would charge down the hill after a squirrel or some other perceived threat and the others would be in persuit, and Sandy would follow them down! 'B', her owner, said that she was enjoying the fenced yard and being able to run.
We have our CG Plant Swap tomorrow and that will be quite busy, I am sure. It is supposed to get to 86, which will be the hottest that it has been this year. No rain called for, so that will be good....I think. Not sure what we will do in the evening or on Sunday. Maybe some more gardening around here and some other chores.
Well, I have reached my limit for photos here on Blogger. I will try to print off my first year's worth of posts and that will clear up some space. We'll see how that goes, but just warning you that it may be awhile before I post any photos....
Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
I gave up up and paid the $5.00 for more storage. they got me!
Post a Comment