Where has the week gone? Not like we can go anywhere as the roads have been a mess and most everything is still closed.
H made it home Monday night. That was good. We had the Garbanzo Bean soup and it was quite yummy. Even tho I over spiced it, we both enjoyed it very much. Even Jim, who we took a container to, enjoyed it a lot. So the recipe 2 posts down comes recommended.
Yesterday, I made up some spinach/mushroom ravioli. I didn't follow a recipe other than for the pasta dough. I used my new ravioli maker that DakNeese had given to me for watching Chuck. Slick. I think that I may use it today with some puff pastry and fill the holes with jelly. Whatcha think?
For the ravioli, I made up some tomato mushroom sauce. I just used a small can of unsalted tomato sauce and a small container of homemade mushroom stock. Added some onions, fresh mushrooms and a spoonful of both rosemary pesto and regular basil pesto. A little salt and pepper to taste. Very versatile and yummy, if I must say so myself.
The rest of yesterday was about a bust for me. I took a nap in the afternoon and then read some of the newspapers online. H was the productive one.
Today, the sun is shining!!! What a difference that makes!
I have the crock pot full of chili.....lamb chili this time. And I'll make up some garlic mash potatoes to go under it.....yum!
I did a bit of sorting in the closet and the bathroom vanity. Ugh to both of those. I may be heading to FL this weekend and figured that I could take a few things that I am not using to see if Deb or Nay can use them. If not, off to the Sharing Center with 'em!
H did make it out to take the Explorer to get an oil change. He also needs to empty it out from the show. I figured that I would take it to FL so that I have lots of room to get CITRUS! DakNeese is planning on going with me and H & MoE will stay here with the mutts and watch the football games on Saturday. Of course, all plans are subject to change.
(Hate to commit to anything, don'tcha know!)
No comments:
Post a Comment