Tuesday, January 4

New favorite thing.....

Ok, I have to admit that I dislike Google.  I know, call me whatever you like, but I am a bit apprehensive about what information they can acquire from you.  And this isn't saying that other sites (facebook being a major one) don't do this or that I don't use Google at all (Blogger is one and and I do have a gmail account that I don't use much).

But all of that aside, I was trying to find a way to get a very large file to a friend in Wisconsin.  I went to pcmag.com and looked up their list of recommended sites that would allow me to do something like this. (email was out of the question....the file was WAY too large!)

I tried 2 of the sites and one was no longer available and the other one that I tried would only allow you to download 25MB at one time.  I could store a larger file, IF I wanted to pay to upgrade.  Which I didn't want to do.  (yes, I'm cheap)

So then I tried their recommended Google Docs.
I have to admit that I like it!
I can set my security to OPEN for view on the web, Private for just myself,  or just who I send the link to.

As I think about this more, I believe that it may be a very good way to share a large amount of photos back and forth.  Because we all know that emailing 2-3 pix at a time is a pain in the a$$.

Let me know if you have any experience with this or want to start sharing!

No comments: