Sunday, January 9

Maaa, therresss a storrrm'a'comin'...

Yes, the next winter storm of the century is coming to Atlanta.  You'd believe that, too,  if you had been watching the weather forecasts here since THURSDAY!  It isn't supposed to arrive until 10pm tonight.  We'll see.   As H as pondered, since when have the weathermen become such the dramatists.   Growing up, I don't remember Joe Dinardo getting so pumped about a'storm'a'comin....

And, of course, we always laugh at the interviews at the grocery stores about stocking up for provisions.  Don't you stock up on a fairly regular basis anyways????   Or just when a storm comes?

Ok, we realize that we are freaks and rarely go out for dinner, but still??  Don't people have enough food to take care of their families in their pantry for a few days ALL THE TIME???  Even if it is TV dinners in the refrigerator freezer?

But, alas, I had to run out for provisions.  Really.  I know, I almost am ashamed to call myself a northerner.  But you see, I ran out of eggs early in the week and H only had a cup of milk left after he made my coffee this am.   Oh, and the most pressing.....only ONE extra roll of TP in the entire house!    One fibrous meal or the flu bug and, Whoops! trouble!

So I had to go out.  I did manage to get there just after 10am so that I beat the church crowd and now I don't have to worry about the crazies out there.

So, obviously, I'm back home.  Made up some leftover pizza for breakfast.  (H had to leave early for his show downtown and didn't have time to make up the normal Sunday brunch.)

Of course, I got a gallon of milk so that I have enough milk to make hot chocolate for the next couple of days.   Oh, and do I have the BEST hot chocolate in the WORLD!!!!
"our little group" got me this for my birthday.....YUM!
 
Oldest Sis, you can have your sweet and salty....that's good, I agree....
But give me sweet and HOT any day!
I think I'll be warm, even tho it was 15 degrees this am and we are to get up to 6" of snow by tomorrow am.

2 comments:

silliedillie said...

Good Luck Weathering the storm. Remeber you come from hearty stock- you can handle it!! Great Post!
Love you

silliedillie said...

I also love my Choco. hot; nothing like licking the pan after cooked choco pudding or the spoon after making choco. covered peanuts (there's the salty sweet thing too!) Ummmmm...