H & I brought back LOTS of citrus from FL. It is really yummy! My big sis was kind enough to lend me her super duper citrus juicer. I'm grateful that she did as it made it so that I could actually juice some! (my wrists are weak) The top spins and you just push the 1/2 of fruit down on it....Wha...La!

I juiced one cloth grocery bag of mixed oranges and then about 2/3rds of a white styro-foam cooler of the Bell Oranges. Those are SWEET!!! H seems to think that I may have some tangelos in there but most all of them had that "bell" look to them, so I am not sure.
I filled about 2' of the garbage can with the rinds. Between the yellow, the orange, and later, the dark orange, the can was quite colorful!
I am freezing most of it. I even like the small containers so that I won't waste any later. I ended up filling up this shelf and had about this much more on another shelf. I left the lids on loosely so that the glass doesn't break. Tomorrow, I'll go and tighten them when they are totally frozen and then stack them so that I can add more to "my collection". I also filled a 2 qt container for the fridge. I drank about 2 glasses of that already. H was reading my mind when he suggested some vodka to go with it! I did refrain....I'll wait til Sunday breaky when he makes his bloody mary, I'll have a homemade screwdriver!
I still have LOTS left in the garage and that was after my efforts AND giving the neighbor girls some tangerines, tangelos & some lemons.
My main goal was to preserve some lemons. I have a 1/2 gallon and 3 pints made up. It will take about a month before they are ready to use. I can't wait. I didn't even use up 1/2 of the lemons so I think that I will freeze up some small jars of lemon juice that I can pull out when I need some....this beats the bottled stuff by miles!
My main goal was to preserve some lemons. I have a 1/2 gallon and 3 pints made up. It will take about a month before they are ready to use. I can't wait. I didn't even use up 1/2 of the lemons so I think that I will freeze up some small jars of lemon juice that I can pull out when I need some....this beats the bottled stuff by miles!
I didn't include any photos of the preserved lemons as with all of the salt in there, they didn't make for a good photo....not yet anyways....
DV comes tomorrow!!!! YEAH!!!! I go to pick her up in the afternoon from the a/p. H has his exit interview in the am. He'll be off the entire time that she is here so it will be like old times.....just hanging out with DV.....we'll just be missing Joe & Elle (her dogs!)
2 comments:
Looks like you were busy! Went with some friends to pick more for them today after work... Lots of fruit. Enjoy. Love ya
How long did that take you...we should do that ben goes through juice here like it is nobodies business!!! Looks like you had fun! Tell kahki and cos hi!
Post a Comment