Monday, January 11

a long weekend...

H & I left on Thursday afternoon to head south.  We were trying to get away from the cold and snow.  We stopped in Macon for the night and finally found our way into D&D's around dinner time on Friday.  B&N&baby Laila were there also to greet us and enjoy a nice dinner.  On Saturday am, in the sleet, H, D& I headed to JoAnn's and to another friends to pick citrus!  We ended up with about 200lbs of it!  Lemons, grapefruit, navel oranges, bell oranges, tangelos & tangerines!!  YIKES!!!  And all but the lemons were at one house!!!  We've learned that people who have citrus in their yards are very welcoming to have others come and pick....less that they have to pick up in their yards!!!  By the time warm weather comes in a month or so, it is rotting and lots of bees and bugs are congregating....YUK.  So "anyone who wants is welcome" is the montra that we discovered. 

Of course, I forgot my camera at home....AFTER getting 2 sets of extra batteries IN my camera bag!!!  UGH.   D has a lot of good photos so I will have to wait for her to send me some before I can share any with you.

After some shopping and lunch, D& Nay & I headed to Tampa to spend the night with Toots &KB.  That was nice.  Went to Toots's baby shower on Sunday.  KB's family put it on and they are simply wonderful....Wisconsinites!  That should be enough info for the MN contingent that follows this blog!!!  Just crazies...in the very best sense of the word!  She got lots of nice gifts. 

Afterwards, H came to pick me up and we met some old friends from our Raven days (from SD) in Sarasota.  Talk about a super nice relaxing evening.  It was the perfect ending to a whirlwind weekend!

H&S told us of a great spot to have breaky on Monday am....The Broken Egg....where Dick Vitel has breakfast every day and sells his books to raise money for Cancer research.  He was there!!!  We saw him!!!  We didn't bother him but H saw someone go up and talk to him.  Breaky was great and held us over til a late afternoon snack held us over til an 8pm dinner!

We got home around 6...unloaded and went to pick up 2 crazy mutts at J's house and it was SOOO good to see them!!!  It appears that this will be a great place to land them when we have to leave again for whatever reason......as long as they didn't wear out their welcome!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, I go to Bulloch & then I get ready for DV's visit on Friday!   H&I  CAN'T WAIT FOR HER TO GET HERE!!!!! It will be so much fun!!!  Her goal is do some sight seeing, but mainly to see all of the grocery stores that she can!!!  YES, she's MY KIND of girl!!!!  Of course, she WAS my cooking buddy in SF!

No comments: