Saturday, September 19

9 lives....


We were joking yesterday, somewhat, that the little guy is a cat. You know, 9 lives. We think he is a cat.

Oh, I guess I should tell you WHY we thought that he was going to die. Or rather, use up one of those lives.

I left to get my hair cut and the shop was in a part of town that I don't normally get to so I did some shopping on my way home. After I got home, I was doing different things so when I finally went into the living room, it was about 7 hrs after I had left that morning. In the middle of the floor was my new FAVORITE nail polish...Sally Hanson Xtreme wear Nail Color in clear. Open. It seemed like it soaked in and didn't destroy our well liked carpet. (surprisingly.) But overall, I think that I am missing about 3/8" of nail polish from the bottle. What happened to it?
Where's the top, you ask?? Funny, I asked the same things. The top was in the dining area... all chewed...dried and the bristles, well, let's just say that it had been well chewed! As for the rest of the polish...I can't seem to find any other areas on the carpet that is "damaged". At least the top/brush being chewed lets me know that SOMEONE ingested SOME of the polish....

I yelled at the little guy as he has quite the guilty conscience and he is our chewer. I laid on the floor and ignored him. We all took a short little nap and when I woke up, I was giving a good belly rub to Khaki. Coz came and just SHOOK and did a bit of HACKING and the intestines were making gurgling noises.

Oh great, I thought. Systems are shutting down. And how do I proceed...H wasn't home from work yet. I don't do well with emergencies.

Well, I saw that he ran outside to get something. Ok, that is a good sign. I got them playing and he looked like he wasn't any worse for wear. So I nixed the idea of rushing to the vet hospital. I had checked online for doggie poison control and they didn't have ANYTHING about nail polish ingestion! Go figure~ H got home and I presented him with "there were about 7 hrs that this could have happened" and he was all about giving me shit that it took me 7 hrs to get my haircut!

Well, anyways, we took our walk and was waiting for the high gloss shiny shit to extrude from his bottom! Dinner was normal for the runt and we put him to bed. He has been barking for a bit after we put him into his kennel at night. Some nights are better than others....last night he didn't make a peep!

Hhhmmmm.....

Well, H went to let them out this am and everyone was bright eyed and bushy tailed but me. So we are guessing that there may be some long term neurological damage..... But the short term is that he is his normal cute & obnoxious self!

So, we think that we have a cat.

We think that the runt is down to about 2 lives left.....

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

Hum.. if it had been red/pink polish you might have more clues to your mystery. A ruined carpet wouldn't have been good though!! We all have a "challenge"!!