Tuesday, June 2

an invite...in the funniest way....

I had the funniest experience yesterday. Well, i should start it on Sunday... a lady stopped her car along side of us when we were walking home from the park, rolled down her window and asked what kind of dog Khaki was.

Well, on Monday, Harlan was out of town so I was walking them to the park when a lady stops her van, rolls her window down, so you know that I'm thinking that she is going to ask what kind of dog Khaki is. NO, she asks "where's your husband?". First, I'm thrown for a loop as the "He's a golden-doodle" that is on the tip of my tongue really doesn't work all of a sudden. And really, how DOES one respond to "where's your husband?" ????

What if a man stopped and asked me that question? I have to admit that I may not give an honest answer to him. (Oh, he's gone til Thursday, stop on over....) But then, what should I think about a woman asking that question? (Oh, she's got the hots for HIM...) And for the life of me, I can't even remember what I said. I'm sure that I sounded like the complete idiot that I am.

Somehow, we get on to the topic of why she stopped...to ask us to a dinner party on Saturday night at 715pm! Or rather a Mexican Dinner Party at 715 on Saturday night. She mentions that Linda, our great next door neighbor is coming and that she has all of the details. I repeat it back to her so that I have it straight...Dinner party on Saturday at 7pm. "No, 715pm."

And you know, I'm too damn honest. You would think that I would just play smart and then go ask Linda WHO just asked us to dinner. NO. I had to feign stupidity (but believe me, it wasn't very hard to do) and actually ASKED her "Who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Ann, up on the Court." (the little culda sac a block away...that much I knew.) "Oh, yeah" said I, trying to recover from looking like an simpleton.

She drives off and I'm just SPUN!! Mind you, this has all taken place in less than 30seconds. I actually start giggling because it was so darn funny! And I am such an idiot. I get home and tried to figure out who ANN is. I come to the conclusion that she is one of the 2 ladies that stopped to chat when we were in the driveway about a month ago and both happened to be from the Pittsburgh area. Didn't recall either name as ANN, but that had to be it. They are about the only people that we've stopped and chatted with that we have gotten their names.....it had to be one of them, right?

So I dropped Linda an email asking for "the scoop" on the Mexican Dinner Party up @ Ann's on Saturday night at 715pm. She calls me tonight and says that she knows just about as much as I do other than she actually KNOWS Ann and which house is Ann's. Oh, AND she filled me in that she is probably the mom who came by with her girl scout selling cookies just after we moved in! Didn't even think of her! Those cookies have been LONG GONE, let me tell you!

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

I am so happy that you are making friends, even if they are in unconventional ways!! keep smiling and they will come to you! Love ya