My, how the summer seems to be flying by. We just got back from the lake and I picked our first tomatoes!! YEAH!!!! i may be a day or so early in doing so, but i just couldn't help myself!!! Our cucumbers started to come last week and our hot peppers are coming along nicely. Our parsley finally looks alive, our basil and oregano look great. Our rosemary is also doing great. I like the kind that grows upward instead of along the ground. I never can seem to do anything with the lavender, tho.H is taking a nap after driving home, of course, while "watching" the race thru his eyelids. I made up a tomato cucumber onion hot pepper salad to have with something for dinner. wow! the hot peppers and onions are HOT! Oh well, it will be good anyways!
We just relaxed at the lake. Had a few friends over last night to enjoy the lovely weather. just a tad bit of a breeze. Not a skeeter to be had. That is pretty amazing as they are the Minnesota state bird of prey that are normally more numerous that the population of the entire upper mid-west. I am sure that this would be another ill effect of global warming that I should be worried about, but for some reason, I just can't bring myself to be so....
The boys managed to stay out of the lake.....for the most part. They did go "wading". Just their feet got wet. We were mean parents and kept them on tethers for most of their outside time. Of course, little did they realize that the tethers are long enough to reach into the lake....SHHH! don't tell them!!!
I should run down and put some laundry into the wash....need to catch up this week. have a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment