Life has been busy and I've been watching the Olympics as much as I can. I will be torn tomorrow as the Steelers have a preseason game in the evening! But it is preseason and they should lose every game that they can...i believe that they learn more about the players if they lose than if they win every game in preseason. call me weird....but adversity shows character and I want the Steeler coaches to see it before they make their final roster choices!
Sis has been inquiring and Claudia called me today at work to see if we were ok. Thank you for your concern! We are....it has just been a crazy, nutty, fun summer!
Last weekend, we went to Watertown, SD to see Bodies Human. What an amazing display. It consists of plasticized human bodies and parts of human bodies. http://www.gossoperahouse.com/ Even me, with my queasy tummy handled it very well and was fascinated by the wonders of the human body AND the process that it took to do this. The website will explain it.
Last Sunday, H golfed and I made 24 oz of pesto and did laundry & ironing & had Joe over to play with the boys! Deb worked while we all played and then she joined us for a late dinner when she was done with work. Overall, a great day!
One of the neat things about this summer is that we are not in a total drought! We've had some nice rain showers scattered off and on over the last 2 weeks or so! The gardens are loving it as, normally, at this time of the year all they've been only fed city water! The cucumbers are coming in bits and pieces. Since I didn't get them planted until into June, I guess that is to be expected. But we have TONS of vines!!! So I am disappointed, but it is nice to get them as we need them instead of all at once. The tomatoes are coming in nicely. We'll have a few batches of them. We should have maybe 5lbs or so this weekend when Deb & I do a cooking Saturday.
She wants to make some of the white chili that we made last time. I think that I want to make some soups and can them. Also, I think that we could also freeze some produce from the farmer's mkt while we make up some tv dinners. We are still deciding what we want to make for our lunches.... any ideas would be great!
well, it is off to watch the Olympics again! Take care...sorry to have rambled but I knew that I needed to post! Love ya!
1 comment:
Glad to see that all is well. Have missed the updates on the Littles though! Keep on having fun!
Love you.Deb
Post a Comment