Just after we got home from picking up the boys on Sunday, we had to take our evening walk. Yeah, they're spoiled. But when we returned, we saw a squirrel coming out of the garage with a baby squirrel!
Ugh.
Maybe that would explain why the one breaker kept popping??
After some investigation, IT WAS WHY the breaker kept popping!
One of the buggers chewed the wire to the outside light and as long as that switch is on, it goes POP!
And then there are no lights in the garage and kitchen.
So H went into the garage attic and had a look. Not a lot of mess up there.....Thankfully.
He took the compressor hose up and blew
air along the garage wall. I was standing outside and snapped these pix
of the damn little chewer as he came out.
Our neighbor gave us the name of a company that they had used before and so they came out on Wed to have a look. Then they came out on Thursday and sealed up all of the gutters and put a one way trap in. They will come back next week to take out the trap and seal up the last hole.
I guess that we must be living right cuz the guy told us that the babies are born around the beginning of September and most people don't discover them until much later after more damage has been done. Also, in about 2 weeks, the exterminator guys will be so busy that it will take a week or 2 to schedule them in.
Since I have started to freeze up tomatoes from the garden, I figured that I needed to make some more room in there, so I used Mom's old pot and got quite a bit of Free Food in there. It made more stock than I've ever made at one time....
It was kind of awkward to empty out when it was done, so I will have to rethink my straining process for future batches.
Other than that, we are looking forward to football starting on Sunday.
Have a happy weekend!
2 comments:
That isn't squirrel stew is it? LOL
No, not squirrel stew....should be tho!!!!
Post a Comment