Last weekend, I headed to Savannah to catch up with Linda. She had been there all week for her Rural Postal Workers Union meeting. We were trying to figure out which end of her visit would work for me to come down. So the end part won out. I got there around 1 on Friday and she was finishing up with her meetings. I hung out, had lunch, checked into the hotel and then we caught up for some wandering and wine and then back to the hotel for laughs and catching up.
We wandered around on Saturday...went to the founder's cemetery. (Archibald Bulloch is buried there...great grandfather of Mittie Bulloch, who lived at Bulloch Hall, where I docent) Also went to the Owen's-Thomas house for a tour, went to the beautiful park and watched some frisbee football and found a little farmer's market. I'm sure that I am forgetting something. The day was gone before we realized it! Time goes by so fast when you are with old friends!
Can't wait to go back to Savannah. Lots to see and do there. Altho, I have to admit that there is so much history that it all gets a bit overwhelming....and the heat and humidity was even worse than Alpharetta. But that is ok, I've been told that October is a good time to go back and really check things out!
And thanks for letting me come and see you in Savannah, Linda! Not sure I can make it to Buffalo for next year's meeting!
Oh, by the way, the last 2 weeks in September is mail count for the USPS...mail everything that you possibly can during that time....packages as well. Let's help to keep our Postal Service!
No comments:
Post a Comment