It's one of those....careful when you open your mouth...moments.
In a round about way, I managed to get engulfed with teaching the Fall Gardening class for the Community Garden. Those who were supposed to teach it in Sept, really weren't supposed to and those who really were supposed to, didn't know I had been enlisted. Ugh, what a mess. While I consider myself a great team player...guess I like to know what the team's ultimate goal really is....
Anyways, I spent several days putting together a game plan and was ready to give my ideas to the crowd. Oh, I did go and make 10 copies of my main points and then some extra resource pages for any extra attendants.
While I didn't think I was nervous, I had a nightmare that my handouts turned back into wood pulp and I was having trouble finding and printing out the information before the class started.
Oh well, that didn't really happen and all went well....really!
Well, before we even started the class, we had 10 participants and with the rest who came, we almost ran out of the extra info that I had! I lead the discussion and we had good questions and comments...Yeah!
While I didn't tell people what to plant, I gave them a list of things to do and and what to think about.
The feedback that I've gotten has been quite good, so I hope that I was able to help. Our neighbor, who doesn't belong to the garden came. It will be interesting to hear her feedback as to how it helped her plan her garden for the fall.
Then we came home and made a caprice salad with cooked prosciutto for lunch. then the Nationwide race and some texting to friends...
Now, H is cutting tomatoes to be dehydrated and I am typing at you.
wish you were here!
1 comment:
I have no doubt that you did great! do you dehydrate much? I have been thinking about getting one again.
Post a Comment