I probably should post some pictures. But not today! HAH! Gottcha!
No, I know that I really should, I just don't feel like finding my camera and sorting and all of that right now....know what I mean??? If you have a blog, then I KNOW that you do!
Guess what???!?!!?!!!??!!!!
I am invited to a High Tea at Bulloch Hall next week!!! I'm so excited!
I should tell you HOW I got invited. See, Bulloch is very active in fund raising as they have quite a few AWESOME projects that they have underway. One of their fund raising events is having 6 High Teas in the month of December. They have 2 each week for 3 weeks. My "boss" or "instructor" was in charge of ironing all of the napkins and table cloths for all of the events. As she just had shoulder surgery about 2 months ago, I told her that I would gladly do it as I like to iron and I have the right iron for the job! She thanks me every day as she HATES to iron!
Well, today, her boss comes in and asks if there are any empty seats at any of the teas and she tells her that next Tuesday there are 2 empty seats. The housekeeper, Ruth, was there and both her and I were asked if we wanted to attend! And we even get to sit together! Ruth is a beautiful woman from El Salvador. I sat next to her at our docent potluck, so I am slowly getting to know her. And my "boss" quite happily said that they would get to serve us at the event!(Ah, it is nice to be appreciated)
I wasn't quite sure what to wear as I had to admit that I've never been to a High Tea. I was told that it was like business casual. I did help set up for today's tea, so I saw how the tables were set. It should be fun. I'll find out if I can bring a camera and show you some of it next week~
Each room of the house is decorated. The theme this year is the 12 days of Christmas and it is just spectacular! Different garden clubs and the master gardeners and the head of Bulloch Hall and the docents and some local women's clubs each have a room. (12 grps in all) Photos are allowed in Bulloch Hall, so I will try to take my camera next week to get photos for you. If you happen to find yourself here over the holidays, I bet we can do the tour!!! I'd be tickled to take you as I just love being at Bulloch Hall!
1 comment:
very cool! I am so happy for you. Who does all of the decorations?
Enjoy and i will be waiting for pictures.
love ya
Post a Comment