We managed to stay close to home for most of this shopping mayhem weekend. We did have to go out for a short stint yesterday and somehow managed not have too much gridlock. Last night, we went down to the common area of our homeowner's association to attend the weekly University of Georgia football game. The pavillion has 2 tv's and the firepit was going full bore and food was abundant. It was BYOB and we got to meet quite a few of our neighbors. Not sure where they all live, but I met one guy from South Hills and another from Johnstown. Go figure! It was quite nice and we hung out until the 3rd quarter. Then it was home and bed shortly after...(the game started after 830pm!)
The turkey stock is reducing on the stove and chili is in the crockpot. The dogs have been walked, so we are all feeling the lures of naptime. Having the late game tonight won't be much fun....but at least I'll be able to get a few things done around here.
Since I have not decorated for Christmas in at least 2 years, I have little idea of what I even have and what I need to get. We are both minimalists so I am thinking that we probably won't need too much....I hope....
H had all of last week off as he used up his remaining vacation days. It was quite nice. As we rolled over this am, the thought struck us that Monday morning isn't going to be much fun....
Oh, I just found this website...I think you'll love it...all about veggies...csa extra or just some great ideas for the vegetarian and sides and stocks and just about anything you'd want!! And you can search for recipes in the recipe box at least 15 different ways!!! Try it out and bookmark it for future reference!
http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment