Friday, April 5

A new way of eating

Things have been good here.  2 weeks ago,  when H was out of town,  I started eliminating gluten,  dairy & processed  sugar from my diet.   My initial thought was to see if it would help my IBS,  which was giving me some grief.   I would like to keep @ it for @ least 2 more weeks.  

So what have I noticed?   Well,  first thing was that my food obsessiveness has eased a bit...I had been awful about snacking and while some of it was nuts & dried  fruit,  most of it was chocolate & sweets.  The cravings have eased, but when I do snack, I am eating fresh fruit & nuts.  I also have noticed that while I still like my wine,  I find it easier to stop after a glass or 2.

Second,  I noticed  that pms  eased significantly. I never suffered much with it until recently,  so if this helps me survive menopause,  it will be worth it!  And while it may just be this week,  my spirit just seems lighter.

Third,  I had been awaken nightly with severe  lower back pain that only bothered me @ night.   Well,  other than last night,  I have slept beautifully for the last week or so.

I purchased a mix to make a gluten free bread.   It is different.   Not sure if I will buy that one again.   I also tried a gluten free pizza dough...it definitely  needs to be par cooked first... this week was so much better than last week. It still is very different,  tho.  

I really miss my sugar & milk in my coffee...today was my first day of black coffee... needless  to say,  I didn't finish it.   But I had been using honey & that really doesn't work for coffee.  
We have tried the unflavored almond milk,  rice milk & hemp milk.   Don't bother with the hemp.... ick.   Probably the rice is the best.   Oh,  I don't add soy to my diet,  so I didn't try the soy milk. It may work for you if you'd like to try it.

We have had some fun lately.   Beth, who I walk with volunteers @ the local library and & she had arranged to have a man come to show us how to bonsai a shrub.   It was very interesting and about 9 people came to it.   And the neighbors  stopped over last weekend after they lost their tennis match.   And their college son stopped over too... so  we all had a few laughs... ok,  more than a few!

Hope all is well with you,  too.

No comments: