Friday, July 15

Its about time, you said.....

I know, you've been waiting for an update and I've been dragging my feet.  Well, I had to work and catch up my gardens and all!   Plus, between 2 folders IN my phone that has photos and 2 photo cards, it seems like I have pictures EVERYWHERE!
No guarantees on the order that you will receive these, but here you go:
 The boys were ready to GO!  On Saturday night, as we were packing up the car, the dogs got out and headed right to the Explorer.  They never want to be left behind like they sometimes are.  So Khaki always jumps into the back of whichever vehicle has the hatch open!   So you can call it their "test run"!
It took us just 5 minutes shy of 17hrs to drive up.  1082 miles.  Of course, it could have been a bit shorter on both time and mileage if we hadn't gotten off to go to a gas station that was closed.  So we had to find one for a pee break...and took a wrong turn.  But we realized it right away and got back on track easily.
Even tho the boys and I were on vacation, that didn't mean that H was totally free and clear!   He really enjoyed sitting out on the patio and doing his work.  Of course, the dogs had to do like they are at home....be close by.
 Khaki loves the off-leash park that Faribault has.  The part that we like the best is that all of the dog owners that we have met seem very engaged with their dog AND all of the dogs that are present.   We all made new friends each day that we went!
 The one thing that was absolutely horrid:  the mosquitoes!
I guess cuz it was so cold that they didn't have many, but since it warmed up a few days before we got there....ALL of those eggs hatched quite venomous critters!  You know it is bad when they start in on H!!  My ankles were miserable and raw for about the entire trip!
And of course, the windshield took out quite a few!
We have to admit that we aren't sure if the reason that we our windshield doesn't get like this in GA is that 
1) we don't have bugs like that
or
2) we just aren't out late enough to get them!
 And just like at home.....the boys have their nap-time.
 We drove W&E to and from the wedding.  I think we all had a nice time.
I know, a strange photo of some coffee.  But the hotel that we stayed at in downtown Decorah, IA had small coffee makers as you'd expect.....but also had crystal mugs!
Sorry, I thought that was cool.
 Since I already posted some photos of the wedding, I'll move on to the rest of the weekend.  We caught up with Arnie and Sandy and crew to camp.
 yeah, this was our abode for a night.   I can't give H too much crap as I know that he slept as poorly as I did.
Pup-tents are NOT us.
(just in case you were wondering.)
But PUPS are!!!
 Before the wedding, we stopped out at P&T's to see how the wedding preparations were going and to acquaint the dogs again as they would be staying at the same kennel.  We were hoping that they would be able to play together.  (which they did not.)
Here, Coz and Chip were chasing each other all over the yard.  Khaki was out chasing cats and Paris was probably putting his chin on your leg.
 What you don't see are all of the goofy faces that C made before she broke out into laughter.
 Boys will be boys, I guess......
One night we had E&G and P&T over for dinner.  It was such nice evening!  I had hoped to get a photo of all of us but just got this one.  Maybe next time.
 Had my requisite shopping day with Cookie (in the middle).  We always have fun down at Medford.  Surprise, Surprise....it's T!
Here, Coz is wearing his Thundershirt.  It is supposed to help him with anxiety.  Since it was 4th of July and he hates fireworks, (and they ALWAYS put them off at the lake) we thought that we would try it.  It does seem to help. I'm not going to call it miraculous but it definitely beats drugs!  We used it on the way home and was able to use 1/2 doses and probably could have gotten by with none.  (but why experiment on an 17hr road trip?)
As you can tell, he's waiting by the Explorer, not wanting to be left behind.  

No, FRB, you get to come home with us.

On the way home, we stopped in Springfield, IL and spent the night.  It was the first time the either had ever been in a hotel.  Or in an elevator at that!
 We were a bit apprehensive as to their barking and all, but we put Coz in his thundershirt and gave them both 1/2 doses of their pills.  Luckily, the floor was pretty quiet and after 1 loud outburst from Cozmo, they both quieted down and let me get a few hours of sleep.
I left around 4:15am to get home.  (we left H there)  I knew that I would be arriving on a Monday afternoon around rush hour.  So I wanted to do all that I could to beat it.  Here is the sunrise somewhere over IL.
The trip went well. We stopped 2x and made it home around 4 on the nose.  With the hour time change, almost 11hrs of driving.
Unpack, eat, catch up on some email and off to bed was I.

Ah, it is good to be home.....

No comments: