Well, not exactly, because I had to start from scratch! So here goes:
The Homecrest patio furniture that H bought BC (before me) about 16 yrs ago, finally needed re-done. The slings were a bit bare....this was probably the best of the bunch!

We had checked on-line at their website but never could really figure out what we needed. So, when we made our trek to MN earlier this month, we stopped by Erickson's furniture (where he bought them) to see if they could help us out.
There was a helpful lady who started us looking at their fabric catalog. Then came along an older gent who jumped right in and H swears that he is the guy who he bought them from all those years ago!
Turns out that they had someone return 4 brand new slings about a month ago. They are a nice caramel color and made choosing quite easy!
Plus, he gave us about $40 off of each one!
After deciding that they would work for us, we took 'em!
We were warned that we would be using lots of sailor language taking them apart and, especially, when putting them back together.
You know me, I'm ALWAYS up for sailor language!
After the nuts and bolts came off and a little bit of jigglin', even I could take them apart. Surprisingly, not many pieces!
Guess I forgot to mention that the nice caramel slings didn't really match the black w/ green and purple speckles that the metal was painted. So we found some rustoeleum and washed/tsp'd and then painted them.
Surprisingly, hardly any sailor words were even used, let alone any new ones made up!
Of course, we've only managed to get one done, so we do have 3 more opportunities to impress the neighbors.
Pretty amazing before and after, don'tcha think?
While I'm not the spray paint queen like my sis, I think I managed to not get any drips.
I've finally gotten the other 3 chairs painted and, hopefully, H can put them together later this week.
It would be nice to have them all shiny new for our
Wine and Cheese tasting on Saturday.






No comments:
Post a Comment