Thursday, October 22

Rugose....

The Word of the Day for October 22 is:

rugose \ROO-gohss\ adjective
*1 : full of wrinkles
2 : having the veinlets sunken and the spaces between elevated

Example sentence:
Sam has happy memories of being a child in his grandmother's lap, stroking her soft,
rugose face.
Now isn't this just a HAPPY thought?

Anyways, I met J at Bulloch Hall today. My first two sessions didn't have anyone show up so I stayed in the office and helped Gwen transcribe some old letters. It is very interesting as they are copies of the originals and are very hard to read. We are lucky as we have access to the entire family's correspondence due to the fact that Teddy Roosevelt went to Harvard and they have made copies for us! But it is a full time task and for every letter that gets its day in the sun, so to speak, 3 people have to go over it and agree on all of the words. And did you know that in the old days, if a word had a double "s" at the end, they would put the letter "f" instead? Yikes!

But there are a lot of exciting things happening at Bulloch which could be very prestigious and, oh so educational! I'll fill you in as I get word of all of them.

Anyways, J met me and I gave her and another 3 visitors a tour for my last session of the day. I have to admit that I don't feel that I gave my best tour. I had left my notes at home and, while I don't use them much, the insecurity of not having them with me must have bothered me somehow. But Julie forgave me and we went to have lunch downtown. We visited for about 2hrs at least! On the way home, I had to stop at the park and use the facilities and then ran to the vet to get "hot spot" medication as the Khakster's IV area is bothering him. Then to the UPS store and then home to call ACE as the lawn mower isn't working that they just brought back from being fixed. WHEW! I'm tired!

Oh, the lawnmower....well, the guy dropped it off yesterday and asked if I wanted him to start it before he left. It just came from being fixed, so I didn't know that I should have him do that. UNTIL about 3 hrs later when the neighbor kid came over to use it to mow our back yard. NADA. Oh well....It has been at least 2 MONTHS since the back yard has been mowed due to all of the rain that we've had. That hillside gets kinda slick. Poor Cozmo gets his underbelly washed by the dewy grass every time he goes out in the morning!!!!

Oh well, as you can tell, we are all surviving....

No comments: