Life here is falling into a slightly different routine. One of Khaki's pain killers has a mild sedative to it and that seems to help him sleep and relax a bit more than usual. He still has a few bouts of craziness during the day and I can't really expect to stop that....just try to contain it.
Cozmo has had almost a tougher time of it as he is used to going nuts and having a big playmate chew on him. The first few walks that was just him and I, he stopped about every 20 steps while we were in sight of the house and looked back for his buddy. then he was normal until we made the turn for home and then he about pulled me the entire way back!
So we are easing into a slightly different lifestyle that we hope will be temporary. I did see something about hip dysplasia that said that exercise is a good thing as it builds strong muscles to help hold the weak hip joint. I was glad to hear that as that will let us keep our normal schedule. Also, weight control is always an issue and the vet is very happy with where Khaki is at. Of course, I've invested in a few more treat balls and seem to keep them full so that he has something to help him stay busy. Of course, Cozmo gets about 1/2 of them~
H is gone for the week so it is up to me to hold down the fort. With the cold weather, all I want to do is hibernate but that is not to be. We should reach about 60 or so today which will be nice. More freezing temps tonight tho.
Cozmo has had almost a tougher time of it as he is used to going nuts and having a big playmate chew on him. The first few walks that was just him and I, he stopped about every 20 steps while we were in sight of the house and looked back for his buddy. then he was normal until we made the turn for home and then he about pulled me the entire way back!
So we are easing into a slightly different lifestyle that we hope will be temporary. I did see something about hip dysplasia that said that exercise is a good thing as it builds strong muscles to help hold the weak hip joint. I was glad to hear that as that will let us keep our normal schedule. Also, weight control is always an issue and the vet is very happy with where Khaki is at. Of course, I've invested in a few more treat balls and seem to keep them full so that he has something to help him stay busy. Of course, Cozmo gets about 1/2 of them~
H is gone for the week so it is up to me to hold down the fort. With the cold weather, all I want to do is hibernate but that is not to be. We should reach about 60 or so today which will be nice. More freezing temps tonight tho.
No comments:
Post a Comment