Thursday, November 6

Then reality hits....

Rapid City and the Black Hills of South Dakota got a blizzard late yesterday and it has been moving eastward all day. I heard that they got between 3-4 FEET of snow! I went to dinner with a girlfriend this evening and heard on the radio that Madison, SD which is about an hr or a little more northwest of us had a blizzard warning out for this evening. We are supposed to get between 1-2 INCHES tonight with another inch accumulation tomorrow. We'll see how accurate the weather people are!!

When I got home, I took the dogs for a walk that was within the development. It was a decent walk in length but we stayed out of the park where there isn't anything to stop the wind! Since we've only had Cozmo since May, we aren't sure how he is going to suffer the cold weather or how the snow packs within the pads of his feet. So we played it a bit safe tonight.

I had remembered that I still had 2 parsley plants that needed to be trimmed so I went out to do that. I think that I may make some parsley pesto to freeze tomorrow night. Hopefully it wasn't frozen by the bit of snow on its leaves.

As you can see, it may be a challenge to see a little white dog when we get a lot more snow! It is still right about 32 degrees so the dogs were running around the back yard chasing each other while I was cutting the parsley! They are so funny!

Well, I'm batchin' it this week and weekend. I hope that we don't get too much of the white stuff...winter driving sucks!

love ya!

No comments: