Friday, November 28

Happy before and Thanksgiving....

We went to Mike & Karen's for our Pre-Thanksgiving day entertainment. Gary & Mary were in town so we had a nice dinner and then played a game of Farkel. Mary had different rules than the rest of the clan, so she had trouble keeping score! I can't even remember who won...We did play 2 games.. And the big surprise for us was that Amanda was home from TX!!! She's always fun to hang out with!On Thanksgiving day, the 2 of us got some work done. Some of it was mental, if you know what I mean! After a lovely dinner of a leg of lamb roast, green beans and baked sweet potatoes, H decided that instead of going back to work, we needed to play a game. Whose husband are YOU?????? I'm not big into Monopoly & Mille Bourne & Pitt aren't as much fun with 2 people as they are with several, we opted for KILLER BUNNIES!!!! Of course, we had to have the instruction manual out for the entire game! When it was all over.....H had the magic carrot and won the game. No wonder he wanted to play!! We had expected a few friends to come over for dessert. They didn't make it so we are enjoying 2 pumpkin pies and one plum torte. YUMMY with H's home made whipped cream....

It was a great day and work today was a bit of a let down. But I was truly thankful that I didn't have to go anywhere near the mall!!!!!

1 comment:

Tonyia said...

Those desserts look AMAZING!

And where would you get a screwy game like that?

Off topic, you've been tagged