My reception home was enthusiastic........for a bit. But I arrived at the hacienda around SOMEONE's normal NAP time. So the big guy is camped at my feet. taking up a LOT of carpet space!!!! (like usual!)
As on the way down and back home again, my flights went like clockwork. So I beg to differ with those who think that I travel with a black cloud over my head! I think that i know the secret to getting thru O'Hare....have MORE than an hr layover! it seems like every time that I have less, I'm delayed and RUNNING thru the place. This time....I leisurely took my time..... what a DIFFERENCE!!!
It was great to see everyone in FL. We got to Sarah's in Tampa around 7 last night & went to the grocery store to stock her up on some things. Not knowing what she eats and likes, we stuck totally to the basics. We even found a decent chopping knife for her. She seemed pleased to have more than a paring knife to chop things. She actually met us at her place around 8pm. Harlan made some garlic bread and Pesto w/ pasta. it turned out well. We hung out chatting for a good while before hitting the sack. Harlan and I have decided that if you need to get to central Florida, fly into Tampa. This is the 2nd time that we've done this and not only is it cheaper, it is only 90 min from Orlando.....well worth the extra drive time..........And the airport is so user friendly.
Well, I had a Twisted Tea on the deck this afternoon. I stopped by the grocery store and got the basics...milk, tv dinners, some fruit & few other necessities. it really is gorgeous outside. Tami left a note that she had given the big guy a short walk earlier. I should take him for a longer walk while it is so great outside.
take care. Thanks to all in FL for the great hospitality. My hats off to Benjamin and his girlfriend, Naomi. They aren't golfers and they suffered Harlan & I thru the Divorce Open. I hope that they won't hate us FOREVER!!!
Hope to see everyone else soon too!
love to all, as always.....
No comments:
Post a Comment