Early on Monday, we headed to the airport to head to Driggs, ID. We landed in Jackson Hole, WY and rented a car. For me, I was extremely thankful for nice weather and pretty clear roads. We landed at the rental house before P/T& crew were back from the slopes. But once we all gathered....food, laughs, music and just plain old good fun abounded!
On Christmas morning, we headed to the lower basement (it was a 4 floored house) to open presents!!! And boy, there were a LOT of them!
Tradition is that you have to guess the gift before you open it. But you can't guess correctly or, if you do, you have to give the gift back. It makes for some creative guesses!
Photo bubbles are fun!
So are mustaches!
Mine, all mine....
Strike a pose....!
Ben wanted to open the champagne. Since he had never done so, it was a bit of a challenge. I know that I wouldn't have gotten that darn cork out without some help, so I was impressed!
Peach/Mango Mimosas....Yummy.
A toast for a Merry Christmas.
We loaded up and took a snow shoe hike in the Grand Targhee National Forest. It was so pretty.
We made it home as the moon came up and the sun went down. After it was fully dark, we went and lit our lanterns. What a nice tradition. I wished for Peace on Earth with mine.
The 26th found us up at the slopes. I wandered around a bit with my snowshoes and then took a guided nature hike. I enjoyed the hike as I learned a few tidbits that were quite fun and I, subsequently, used the next few days when I was out.
On my first excursion out, I was close to the slopes and saw B&B. Bekky is a first time skier and Ben was giving her lessons. BEKKY CONQUERED THE MOUNTAIN!!!
The ski lift that I never went on! heehee! But it was one the everyone else was on.
After my first excursion out, I found some fun places to hike to on my "big shoes".
Afterwards, a fun time at dinner was had by all. Stories were told, shared and, probably, made up.
Claire's birthday!
It was fun that she got to call the shots all day.
The girls headed to the hill after the boys went ahead. We had dinner after we headed home and then it was presents, Ben and Jerry's and then the movie, Love, Actually.
It was a fun day for us, so we hope it was for her too.
Well, the rest of my photos are in MN at the moment. But, you get the gist of our great week. I was extremely thankful for time spent with some of our favorite peoples and for the great travel weather that we had. It would have been nice to have some sun on the slopes, but that didn't dampen any fun that we had.
At home, we enjoyed a quite night before picking up the dogs this morning. All seems right with the world again. Laundry......is calling my name.
Hope you had a great Christmas and a very happy 2013.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting! The photos are great!
Post a Comment