Wednesday, August 29

Just like July, August flew by....

Can't even begin to tell you all that we did in August.  We did make it to MN for the Little Family Reunion.  All 4 of us drove up, but only I actually made it to the reunion!
Poor H, he had the stomach flu that day!   We had heard of a few cousin's grandkids who had the same thing, so it wasn't self inflicted, if you know what I mean.  We also managed to fit in some fun sibling time.
I managed to take a few days and drive over to Sioux Falls to visit some friends.  Of course, it was too quick and I didn't get to spend as much time with everyone that I wish I could have.  But I did get to spend some real quality time with a few dear friends.  So all is good there.  I drove the boys back to GA and we stopped at Joe & Mary's in MO.  It was almost 1/2 way, so it made the trip a lot easier.  And it was nice to go to their daughter's soccer game and spend some time with them.  The dogs (or rather, me WITH the dogs) also didn't have the trauma of staying in a hotel.
Saturday night found me asleep in our bed.....ahhhh....life is great, isn't it?
Got a few things done.  Yesterday, we had the most beautiful 3/4" of rain....straight down most of the day.   Today, I was expecting the same, so I didn't even put on sunscreen.  Could've used it!   Oh well.
The dogs got groomed by a new groomer: Petco.  They are a bit more expensive, but are available every day, unlike our vet, who is only available on Mondays.  Jon did a really great job!  They look quite spiffy and only Cozmo has a bit of razor burn on his rump.  I swear they do that because he's a little shit.....Oh, I'm sure that I would be humiliated if I was a fly on the wall!!!  
Oh well.   We are anxiously awaiting H to come home tomorrow night.  Seems like forever since we saw him last.
Oh, if you have the internet, the Paralympics Opening Ceremony was tonight.  Or this afternoon.  Since NBC is only televising, like 5 hrs or so, you can watch it at more reasonable hours than the NBC Olympic broadcast at:
I highly recommend it.....very cool.  I think that I like it more than the Olympics Opening Ceremony.  Steven Hawking has a very prominent role....how cool is THAT????
So I guess that I will be going to YouTube a lot this coming week....(that's a switch, I normally avoid it!)
Maybe I'll see you there???

No comments: