Sunday, June 10

Time to catch up.....

Well, lots has been happening!
Around 29May, Geoff and Chris came back to finish up the flooring for us.  They also drywalled the pantry, which was a great help!
 As all good floor-ers should do....lay it under the stove, dishwasher and refrigerator~
 Geoff had some help
 Made it into the powder room...
 And after days of searching, H found the most perfect toilet!
At least, play along with me....it was a traumatic experience for him!
 Last Sunday, I ran to SC to visit A.Jane and U.Paul.  A.Jane hasn't changed.  U.Paul is not doing so well.   I got to visit with cousin Jason's daughter, Sara.  She is a very smart and kind young lady.
 We managed to get U.Paul out on the porch for some fresh air for a bit.
 Geoff & Chris made it back on Tuesday to finish everything up. 
 We painted the rest of the toe kicks black....they look fabulous!  Now I need to get in there and paint all of the trim/quarter round so that it all matches and looks finished.
 The tv room's trim stopped 1/2 way into the hallway.  So we had Geoff replace that with a board that goes all the way to the hall doorway.  He put the blue tape where the studs are.  Better than pencil marks~
 Got the new doors on the utility cabinet.  Now we can put the knobs on and get that all done.   You can see the black toe kicks.
 Geoff and Chris loading up for the last time...on this project!
 One last doggy pet...not sure if it was more for the humans or the dogs....
 
 And off they go!
'Til the windows or the master bath.....
 Now my work begins...again!
The Spackle queen is me!
 Of course, that is just one of my projects!
I have photos in my phone of sanding and staining the top of the dining room table.
And here are my helpers.....
Yesterday, we went to IKEA to find some shelving for the pantry.  I think that we found pretty much what we were looking for.  And, as most of their stuff comes in kits, we will have to add some of our own shelves, but that is ok with us.  Now I REALLY have to kick it into gear to get that completed this week so that we can install the shelving and then reclaim the living room & office!
Hope you have a great week~

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

Does the flooring go all through the downstairs? Looks like it is in the living room. I like the look. How is the sound factor?
Getting closer.x